Angela G said...E-mail subscriber
Fit Factor Kids recently sent me their workout video... not for me, for kids! These jumpy workouts were designed for elementary school aged kids (4 – 12) and they pack a lot of fun in.
What I really like about Fit Factor Kids is their focus on health-- not weight loss. The two main characters, Lizzy and Dean, are great athletes and the video is suitable for both girls and boys.
Lizzy is a gymnast and Dean does Karate. They focus on athletics and their studies, not weight loss, which I was glad about. The last message that I want to send to my kids is that they need to exercise as a means to start a lifelong obsession worrying about their weight. That's not what happens in these videos.There are six routines on the DVD designed to "improve children’s fitness. Children use their imaginations and learn how to take care of their bodies." Kids learn a range of activities including simple stretching, strengthening and aerobics. The music is bouncy and energetic-- it will probably get you dancing too! See a short preview:
I'm already known to pull out a yoga mat and do stretches with my kids. We frequently go to the park and run around. The DVDs are great because they encourage kids to get stronger through the routines, which means they will watch the DVD more than once. From the website:
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) exercising regularly doesn’t just help reduce the risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. It helps develop and maintain healthy bones and lessens feelings of anxiety and depression.
The Fit Factor Kids DVD would make a great Christmas gift! It's perfect for a rainy day, a new family habit, or something to quickly turn on when the kids have way too much energy. :)
You can buy the Fit Factor Kids DVD for $19.99. There is a discount if you buy more than one copy. The DVD is 1 hour long.
Giveaway details: One reader will win their own copy of Fit Factor Kids on DVD!
- To enter this giveaway, check out Fit Factor Kids and tell me something you learned. You must include your email address if it is not in your Blogger profile.
- Tell me how you get your kids to do exercise.
- Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Twitter (@sweepstakesgirl)
- New: Add me to a Twitter list! (@sweepstakesgirl)
- Follow Fit Factor Kids on Twitter (@FitFactorKids)
- Tweet about the giveaway: Win a Fit Factor Kids DVD! @sweepstakesgirl @FitFactorKids http://ow.ly/xI01 Makes a great gift! (Can be done once per day)
- Grab my button and add it to your blog. Tell me where to find it and give yourself 2 extra entries!
- Put a link and prize description to this giveaway on your Facebook, blog, or giveaway Mr Linky.
- Enter one of my other giveaways!
- Subscribe to my blog via feed or email.