Elaine-- an elementary school teacher and mom ofEasy Daysies are magnetic daily schedules that are perfect for kids 3-12. It is important for children to have a visual representation of routine. Elaine INVENTED this system so kids can learn routine, responsibility, priorities, and sight word recognition.
three-- founded her company, Easy Daysies, with her children and students in mind. "Easy Daysies sole purpose is to help kids have easier days... resulting in kids feeling more successful, confident, and independent," she explains.
There are 8 helpful kits. The kits come with magnets and some blank magnets & dry erase marker so you can fill in your own. Let me tell you about each of them...
Every Day Kit- includes 18 strong magnets! This is the starter kit and the other kits can be added on. See:
Chores and Rewards Kit- "Help Set Table" and "Clean Bedroom" are included. Use the blank magnets to write in your own. Six small boxes on the bottom can be checked off-- give your child a reward for completion!
Classroom Kit- Great for school or homeschool! Magnets include "Science" and other subjects, as well as blank magnets.
Extra Curricular Kit- perfect for those things that don't happen everyday and can be confusing for youngsters to remember. Includes "Sports" and "Music" and other extras.
Get Dressed Routine Kit- this one is probably my favorite!! :) Kids can check that they have done all the getting ready steps, like coat, socks, and comb hair.
Special Times & Clocks Kit- Great for classroom or home use! Fill in the clocks-- both analog and digital-- of "TV time" or "Computer time", or write your own. Teaches kids to read the clock!
Family Activities Kit- help your household to keep track of appointments and family fun time. Includes "Dentist" or "Movie Night", among others and blanks.
Potty/Washroom Routine Kit- can be used to teach how to go potty or just reminding to "Wash Hands" and "Turn Off Lights"
Each kit comes with durable magnets. If you don't have a magnetic surface, no problem! You can use the Easy Daysies Magnetic Fold & Go Board. This is great for taking with you when you travel or for kids who spend time in different households as well.
MUST READS: Besides a GREAT and useful concept, there are two other things you need to know about Easy Daysies:
- All magnets are made with 70% recycled material!!!!!
- 5% of all sales go to helping children around the world through the International Justice Mission, a group I already support!!
My thoughts: As you can already tell, I love Easy Daysies! And easy days! :) Most of you know that I don't talk much on my blogs about my family because of privacy reasons- we help children in foster care or avoiding foster care. Many of the children I help take care of aren't used to regular schedules (I swear by them), so sometimes it can be a big adjustment. The Easy Daysies system is perfect for my household because all kids can run to the fridge and check it out. No more asking me or feeling anxious.
The Fold And Go boards are perfect for the kids I work with. I enjoy it when they can feel a sense of accomplishment because of task completion. I know it's adding to their responsibility and pride. I am reccomending the Easy Daysies magnets and boards to the parents I work with as well because structure is good for children. Thanks Easy Daysies!
BUY IT: The Easy Daysies start kit and add on kits are on sale now! Get between 15 and 25% off when you shop now. Note that there is a U.S. web store and a Canadian web store. These make GREAT holiday gifts. Remember that Elaine makes these on her kitchen table-- go support a great MOM business!
WIN IT! I know my readers love to win! It's so sweet of Elaine to offer ONE reader a kit of their choice!
- To enter this giveaway, check out Easy Daysies and tell me what you love about your favorite kit. You must include your email address if it is not in your Blogger profile.
- Tell me one thing you'd write on a blank magnet for your kids.
- Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Twitter (@sweepstakesgirl)
- New: Add me to a Twitter list! (@sweepstakesgirl)
- Follow Easy Daysies on Twitter (@easydaysies)
- Follow Easy Daysies on Facebook
- Tweet about the giveaway: Win an @easydaysies magnet schedule for kids! @sweepstakesgirl http://ow.ly/BsHE -- (Can be done once per day)
- Grab my button and add it to your blog. Tell me where to find it and give yourself 2 extra entries!
- Put a link and prize description to this giveaway on your Facebook, blog, or giveaway Mr Linky.
- Enter one of my other giveaways!
- Subscribe to my blog via feed or email.